When you send us your live feed, we can send it over to your Youtube Live channel for you. This allows you to stream to multiple places without the increased load on your internet and streaming equipment. We send the stream over to Youtube as soon as you start streaming. This is true any time you stream live and is not related to events scheduled in your streaming account. If you are sending us a single stream, we just pass that stream over to Youtube. If you are streaming multiple qualities (adaptive bitrate streaming), we send only the HD feed over to Youtube.
To configure your account to stream live to Youtube, follow the instructions below:
- Sign into your streaming account
- Click "Settings/Features"
- Click "Push Publish/ Youtube Live"
- Set "Enable Push Publish?" to "Yes"
- Set "Configure Youtube Live?" to "Yes"
- Enter your Youtube Live streaming credentials
- These are found in your youtube account. Instructions for finding this information will be listed below.
- Click the green "Configure Push Publish" button
- Click "Save Changes"
- IMPORTANT: Do not do this while you are streaming. It will reset your channel and cause your feed to go offline.
Instructions for finding your Youtube Live streaming credentials:
- Sign into your youtube account
- Click your account logo in the top right corner of the page
- Click "Creator Studio"
- Click "Live Streaming" on the left side of the page
- Your streaming credentials (URL & Stream Key) are listed on this page